The Morning Q with Karen Blake and Sean Doherty
6AM to 10AM
Heritage Museums and Gardens
Win a Family Four Pack of tickets!
Listen to Karen and Sean during The Morning Q all this week for your chance to win a family four pack to Heritage Museums and Gardens in Sandwich! Bring your family to see the larger-than-life creepy crawlies spread all across the beautiful grounds! Don’t worry…they don’t bite!
Family Fun Friday
July and August
Enjoy fun for the whole family every Friday in July and August! Dance to the music of fun local bands as they perform live onstage. Rediscover the joy of being outside together with your family. Enjoy quality time together doing special family activities and competing in lawn games. Bring a picnic! This event is included in the price of admission.
David Rogers’ Big Bugs
May 31 – October 26, 2014
What happens when you recreate the insects all around us on a gargantuan scale using all natural materials? You have Big Bugs.
Sculptor David Rogers creates insects such as 25-foot long ants and dragonflies with 17-foot wingspans using various combinations of whole trees, cut green saplings, dry branches, and other forest materials. All wood is found dead or harvested sustainably. The inherent uniqueness of these materials, their different shapes, colors and textures provide these sculptures with their character, definition and a sense of motion. The effect is a role reversal of dimension and perception.
These over-sized statues were inspired years ago by the sight of a sapling bent over by a winter storm. “It reminded me of a dinosaur’s backbone,” Rogers says, “so I started collecting branches and twigs and fashioned a dinosaur.” The leap to insects was a small one. “Insects play this vital role in a garden but are unnoticed, so I put them on such a large scale that you can’t help but notice them.”
The Big Bugs exhibit at Heritage features three ants, a dragonfly and a damselfly, an assassin bug, a praying mantis, a spider on a web, a ladybug and a Daddy Longlegs, all placed in interesting landscape settings throughout the grounds.
• The contest begins on Monday, JULY 7 and ends Friday, JULY 11 2014
• Karen Blake or a substitute morning host will begin the contest during the morning show each weekday (only) at 6:10AM EST, however any calendar holiday may be excluded at any time. The PRIZE may be given away in another hour during the Morning Show.
• The host on 99.9 The Q will give listeners a cue to call. The first eligible caller wins 4 TICKETS TO HERITAGE MUSEUMS AND GARDENS ($72.00 value)
• Contest line / The Q line at 1-800-649-4076
• Contest is open to eligible listeners, 18 and over.
• Normal contest rules apply.
• Prize is non-transferable and can not be exchanged for any other prize or cash.
• Cape Cod Broadcasting does not take any responsibility for exclusions or gift card exceptions. It is the winner’s responsibility to follow individual redemption rules posed by the sponsor.
• All prizes must be picked up at our offices, 737 W. Main St. in Hyannis between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday thru Friday.
• We reserve the right to change these rules at any time without notice in order to maintain the integrity of the contest
This post will expire at 11:59pm on Friday July 11th, 2014